Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Richard Hanson is a Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon working in Ireland for more than ten years both in public and private practice.
Richard graduated from University College Dublin in 1997 and completed both his Basic Surgical and Higher Surgical Training in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery at The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. He has trained in numerous units throughout Ireland, the UK and Australia including the world famous McIndoe Aesthetic Fellowship at East Grinstead in the U.K.
Richard understands the importance of Continued Professional Development and routinely travels throughout Europe and North America attending conference and working with international leaders in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. With this extensive training Richard has developed a Specialist interest in all Aesthetic treatments, facial surgery and breast, both primary procedure and secondary or revision surgeries.
Richard is an active member of the Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons, The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world and The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), the leading international body of board-certified aesthetic plastic surgeons.
- MB, BAO, BCH, 1997. University College Dublin.
- AFRCSI, 2000. Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Dip Health Management, 2002. The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Institute of Public Administration
- Masters Degree, MCh, 2001-2002. “The affects of L-arginine supplementation on the profile of cytokines in diabetic wound healing”
- FRCS(plast), 2007. Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- E.B.O.P.R.A.S. Fellow, 2007
- Mater Misericordiae Hospital
- Mater Private Hospital
- Blackrock Clinic
- Sports Surgery Clinic
- Breast Surgery
- Facial Aesthetics, non surgical and surgical
- Surgery of the Skin
Sunday Business Post: "Inside Ireland's cosmetic procedure industry"
The Irish Times: "Lip service: The rise and rise of cosmetic procedures in Ireland"
The Irish Times: "Breast cancer and reconstruction: ‘Have you got your nipples back?’"
The Irish Times: "Three options for women seeking breast reconstruction"
The Irish Independent: "Booming cosmetic industry needs a bit of work"
Today FM: "I feel like me again"
Xpose: Breast Augmentation