5 reasons we love emsella
Even now, there is a common feeling that incontinence is something that we ‘just need to learn to live with;’ that leaking when you laugh, cough, sneeze, run or jump is a new kind of normal. Your sex life may be suffering due to your weakened pelvic floor muscles, you may be regularly rushing to the bathroom when you’re out and about or maybe you’re waking multiple times per night to go to the bathroom.
It doesn’t have to be that way!
Emsella, which we recently welcomed to the Institute, is a breakthrough treatment for incontinence and to improve sexual function. This unique technology revolutionizes intimate health and wellness with a completely non-invasive option. We’ve shared below five of the reasons we love the treatment:
1. Pelvic Floor Exercises on turbo! Emsella delivers the equivalent of 11,200 kegel contractions in 28 minutes. The pelvic floor includes ten muscles that directly support the bladder and male and female sex organs. For those suffering from poor sexual function and/or leaking, the solution is the same. Kegel exercises strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, which strengthens the bladder muscles and ability to hold fluids in, along with tightening the muscles needed for erectile function and ejaculation control in men, and tightening the muscles supporting the vaginal canal.
2. Excellent for men and women: Emsella is an effective solution for both postpartum and menopausal women, as well as men who have had prostate or bladder surgery.
3. Gyne-recommended: Emsella is recommended by gynaecologist’s all over the world to treat incontinence and strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Dr Cathy Allen is one of the experts in Dublin who now routinely recommends Emsella to her patients.
4. Fully clothed during treatment! The “chair” design of the device itself allows men and women to remain fully clothed for treatment, so patients can walk out immediately following treatment. A typical treatment takes approximately 30 minutes and you will need about 6 sessions, scheduled twice weekly.
5. There is no down time. Patients report the sensation of tingling and pelvic floor muscle contractions during the procedure. There is no down-time with this procedure and you can resume daily activities immediately after the treatment.
If you would like to book a consultation with us please visit our booking portal on our website.